Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Let´s talk about washi

Hi there!
Long time - no see so let´s just pretend that there hasn´t been aaaaanything new here for over a month and get down to buisness.

I don´t just digiscrap - I love to do ordinary scrapbooking too like pocket scrapbooking and layouts. If you´re like me you might just heard about that thing called washi, right? Isn´t it funny that tape is one of our to-go thing in paper scrapping right now by the way? And how many of you still uses eyelets and brads? Not me that´s for sure. Still I keep them in their little drawer like they´re waiting for some big comeback or something. But let´s get back to that washi.

I have loads of washi and I stash them all in a box from IKEA like this:


I have them sorted by color or theme (Christmas, Easter, foil, glitter etc) but everytime I want to use one I still have to dig out the rolls to see what´s gonna work best with what I´m doing at the moment.

Then a friend of mine showed this really nifty tip and that was to put a piece of every tape on a piece of paper so that you could see them better. So that´s what I did. I cut a thicker A4 paper into four pieces and added strips of tape by color or theme:


Now is this awesome or what? I can just grab my cards to see what will work best - and I see them much better now when they´re on paper too!

I should say that I realize that I don´t need anymore but that would be a lie. I keep finding more that I like but now I´m gonna be more focused on what I need  really want!

Have a great day!

No comments: